Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Intentionally Giving A Definition


(It's about time that I define the theme of this blog--Living with Intention.)

Do you ever get to the end of your day and know that, while you have checked some things off "the list", you still lack any true sense of satisfaction or accomplishment? Ever have a mishap because you weren't "paying attention"? This can be the consequence of "accidental living" or not "living with intention". To live with intention is to depart from your comfort zone--that mindless, habitual state of unconsciousness that is more doing than being; intent is an action "preformed with awareness, done deliberately and with purpose" (Dictionary.com). Obviously proven by experience,To-Do list are great, but how do they encompass your purpose or vision? How do they encompass God's plan? Do you know what your purpose is? Do you even have a vision for your own life or any sense of purpose to fulfill? While it is not reasonable to expect every second to be purpose-driven, perhaps we each could feel a bit more fulfilled if we injected more consistent intention into our daily living.

Let every word, action, especially every belief, priority and relationship be purpose-filled. (P=T=F=A=R ( remember this equation..it was discussion previously?) will help with this.)

Most of what I write on this blog is information that has been shared with me by many individuals who have made it their goal to intentionally live, make decisions, conversations, fulfill vision and inspire. Not only do I want to pass on to others and share the things taught to me, but almost all of the words in these post have come straight out of a journal, off of my Dry Erase board, various pieces of weathered paper on the dashboard of my car, and anywhere else I can jot down notes. That means.....

.....That I'm writing and defining these concepts, equations, and analyses to myself, also. I have challenged myself to Live With Intention. Hopefully, you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment